STEM Professional Development for Teachers
St. Mary’s University’s School of Science, Engineering and Technology hosts an ASM Teacher Camp during the summer for math and science teachers of students in grades 6-12.
July 18-22, 2022
St. Mary’s University
Engage with science and engineering practices of NGSS through real-world applications of engineering and hands-on activities you can incorporate into your classroom. This camp is an excellent opportunity to meet volunteers from the industry and build connections to benefit your students.
Who should attend?
- Middle school and high school teachers with an interest in science, engineering and industrial/career and technical education.
- Pre-service science teachers
- Engage in hands-on, low-cost activities that you can integrate into your classroom immediately
- Help your students discover career opportunities in science and engineering, and meet practicing engineers
- Strong connection to NGSS
- NO CHARGE (a $1,200 value, made possible through generous donations to the ASM Materials Education Foundation)
- 4 CEUs (40 hours)
- Demonstration materials
Graduate Credits Available
Two (2) optional graduate credits available through the University of Missouri-Kansas City at $250 at participant’s expense.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or visit asmfoundation.org.
Jeane Deatherage, Administrator of Foundation Programs